With its global headquarters in the host city, approximately 3,000 official vehicles will be kept in motion with Bridgestone‘s tyre products and services.
Bridgestone to Showcase its Mission at Tokyo Olympics
Bridgestone will showcase its mission of ‘serving society with superior quality’ by providing products and services that will help enable safe, smooth and sustainable movement around Tokyo for the Olympic Games from 21st July to 8th August.
Additionally, the company continues to support and celebrate a diverse roster of more than 70 global athletes who serve as Team Bridgestone athlete ambassadors.
As the Official Tire of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Bridgestone will help keep the official IOC and IPC fleets in motion by providing high-performing tyres and tyre services for approximately 3,000 vehicles, including cars, competition support vehicles, unique concept vehicles that will help move staff, and more. Through a variety of solutions-based tyre technologies and innovations, Bridgestone will support safe and efficient transportation at Tokyo 2020.
Bridgestone will provide a number of products for the game.
- Specially-designed tyres for autonomous and battery electric Toyota e-Palette vehicles that will shuttle athletes in the Olympic and Paralympic Villages.
- Cutting-edge air free tyres for Toyota Walking Area BEVs (battery electric vehicles) that will be used at the Main Press Centre and tennis venues. These non-pneumatic tyres feature a unique structure of spokes that eliminates the risk of a flat and the need to be inflated with air. Made with resin, these tyres also have greater recycling potential
- Specially-designed tyres that will be used on Toyota MIRAI FCEVs (Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles) at Tokyo 2020, which will be the lead cars in the marathon events. This tyre’s low rolling resistance and reduced noise level directly contribute to improved cruising range and ride comfort for electrified vehicles.
- Ecopia with ologic tyres for Toyota LQ battery electric vehicles, which will also be used as lead cars in Tokyo 2020 marathon events. This innovative tire improves both rolling and air resistance through a profile that is taller and narrower than conventional tire designs, helping make battery electric vehicles more energy efficient
- Fuel efficient, low-rolling resistance Bridgestone Ecopia tyres for Toyota Accessible People Mover (APM) vehicles in the Olympic and Paralympic venues and athlete Villages.
As the Official Bicycle of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, Bridgestone will supply more than 800 non-motorised bicycles to offer convenient and reliable mobility for Tokyo 2020 staff, volunteers, and athletes.
Bridgestone has supplied its cutting-edge seismic isolation bearings for two newly constructed permanent venues that will host competition during the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020—the Tokyo Aquatics Centre and Ariake Arena.
In addition to its seismic isolation technology, Bridgestone is supporting safety and comfort in other Tokyo 2020 buildings through the light and highly-durable Polybutene Piping System currently installed in more than a dozen of Tokyo 2020’s temporary venues and facilities.